Sing for Joy!
Starting September 4, 2018
Spirit’s Call Choir is an all-ages, non-audition, non-religious teaching choir that brings community together in joyful harmony to raise funds and awareness for charity. We sing for personal, choral and global harmony, and encourage everyone to sing out because to us, sharing joy with each other, our audiences and those we help is what really matters.
What You Get
- Learn to sing in a safe, encouraging, fun and relaxed atmosphere filled with laughter and song
- Experience a weekly uplift; it’s therapeutic to be enveloped in glorious harmonies of joyful voices. Singing in community is scientifically proven to improve your physical and mental health
- Sing songs from around the world, from pop to traditional
- Get energized at weekly Tuesday and/or Wednesday evening rehearsals
- Perform in our public concert at the end of each season to fundraise for charity (optional)
- Meet new people and make new friends during social time at rehearsals.
- Get support learning with Online rehearsal tools
- Enjoy Social Evenings each season (variety night, movie night, potluck, karaoke, etc)
- Numerous benefits and community involvement that comes with singing in a choir!
Membership is $266 per season or $478.80 per year (10% off).
NEW SINGERS WELCOME to our September and February rehearsals only.
Make us your date night and receive 20% OFF both memberships!
(Discount also applies to immediate family members)
We Support Our Community
Concert Proceeds Support
Coast Mental Health, A Vancouver based non-profit, we know that people living with severe mental illness can thrive in our communities if they are given the right resources: housing, support services and employment and education opportunities. Together, every day we prove that recovery from serious mental illness is possible.
Spirit’s Call Choir is for ANYONE who wants to sing, because everyone has a voice and a story to share.
We Sing Together Every Week
Tuesdays 7 to 9pm
Pemberton Heights Community Hall
2260 Philip Ave, North Vancouver
Wednesdays 7 to 9pm
(part of St. Paul’s Anglican Church)
1140 Jervis Street, West End Vancouver
Come to one or both nights!
September 4, 2018 to December 22, 2018
No rehearsals October 16 & 17
Concert on December 22, 2018.
January 29, 2019 to May 26, 2019
Concert on May 25, 2019.
Plus this Summer…
Singing by the Sea
July 3 through August 28, 2018
Tuesdays from 7:00 to 8:30pm (except Aug 7th)
Beside The Silk Purse, West Vancouver
Free Drop-In, NO Concert.
What People Say About Us
Who We Are
Co-Director, Spirit's Call ChoirSandi founded Harmony House Music Training and Performance Center in 1993 to teach students the fun they can have in music while driving to excel. Sandi’s passion is teaching vocal ensembles and performance classes because there is so much creative energy in the room where students learn to be supportive and accepting of each other, generating excitement as they see the positive results of their collaboration. Read more…
Co-Director, Spirit's Call ChoirJeremy has delighted choristers and audiences spreading the joy of singing with humour, high energy and enthusiasm, leading Winnipeg’s Spirit’s Call Choir for the last eight years. Excited to build a choir in Vancouver, Jeremy has long taught that music must be fun and accessible to everyone. With positive acceptance he invites everyone into a comfortable and non-threatening atmosphere that gets them to relax, laugh and enjoy themselves while discovering they can sing together in harmony. Read more…