Connect with Song!
February 13 through June 16, 2018
Registration closes March 1st, 2018!
North Shore Tween Choir is a non-audition, non-religious teaching choir that gives tweens a great opportunity to connect in a fun way that is supportive and non-competitive. In this choir they’ll learn vocal techniques to build their singing skills, they’ll receive ear-training to help them harmonize with others, and they’ll be exposed to a variety of music genres and styles, including popular, folk and world songs and chants.
They’ll also learn social responsibility as we fundraise for local organizations that help people in our community. And they’ll experience first-hand the joy and power of music to lift and empower people, bringing community together.
We sing for personal, choral and global harmony, and encourage everyone to sing out because to us, sharing joy with each other, our audiences and those we help is what really matters.
What You Get
- Learn to sing in a safe, encouraging, fun and relaxed atmosphere filled with laughter and song
- Experience a weekly uplift; it’s therapeutic to be enveloped in glorious harmonies of joyful voices. Singing in community is scientifically proven to improve your physical and mental health
- Sing songs from around the world, from pop to traditional
- Perform in our public concert at the end of each season to fundraise for charity (optional)
- Meet new people and make new friends at rehearsals.
- Get support learning with Online rehearsal tools
- Enjoy Social Evenings (variety night, movie night, potluck, karaoke, etc)
- Numerous benefits and community involvement that comes with singing in a choir!
Membership is $266 per season or $478.80 per year (10% off).
NEW SINGERS WELCOME to our September and February rehearsals only for a $10 drop-in.
Receive 20% OFF when you register more than one sibling!
We Support Our Community
Concert Proceeds Support
Tuesdays 3:30 to 5:00pm
Canyon Heights Church,
4840 Capilano Road,
Sept 5 to Jan 27, 2018
Concert on Jan 27, 2018.
Feb 13 to Jun 16, 2017
Concert on June 16, 2018.
Summer Singing by the Sea
July 3 through August 28, 2018
Tuesdays from 7:00 to 8:30pm (except Aug 7th)
The Silk Purse, West Vancouver
Free Drop-In, NO Concert.
Who We Are
Co-Director, Spirit's Call Choir
Sandi founded Harmony House Music Training and Performance Center in 1993 to teach students the fun they can have in music while driving to excel. Sandi’s passion is teaching vocal ensembles and performance classes because there is so much creative energy in the room where students learn to be supportive and accepting of each other, generating excitement as they see the positive results of their collaboration. Read more…
Co-Director, Spirit's Call Choir
Jeremy has delighted choristers and audiences spreading the joy of singing with humour, high energy and enthusiasm, leading Winnipeg’s Spirit’s Call Choir for the last eight years. Excited to build a choir in Vancouver, Jeremy has long taught that music must be fun and accessible to everyone. With positive acceptance he invites everyone into a comfortable and non-threatening atmosphere that gets them to relax, laugh and enjoy themselves while discovering they can sing together in harmony. Read more…